Jan's Jalapeno Boats by
• 10 jalapeno peppers
• 10 bacon slices, cut in half
• 10 mini sausages or smokies (or 20 if they are very small)
• 1 cup cream cheese
• 1 cup grated monterey jack
• 1 tsp chipotle powder
• 2 shallots, minced
1. Slice the jalapenos lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane. If using bell peppers, quarter them after they are seeded.
2. Mix the cream cheese, monterey jack, chipotle powder and minced shallots. Fill the hollowed out portion of the peppers with the cheese mixture.
3. Place the smokie on top of the cream cheese. Wrap the half slice of bacon around the jalapeno. If the bacon is not staying tightly wrapped, it may be necessary to use a toothpick to hold it in place.
4. Bake in the oven, set at 425F, for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon is browned.