Kristin's Healthy Chickpea Snack by
This is a healthy recipe because it is a great replacement for alternative snacks, like chips, cookies, or movie theater popcorn.
15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
tablespoon olive oil
teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.
3. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it's still soft, bake for longer.
4. While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is, or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
5. Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.
Serving Size: 114g
Nutrition Information (per serving):
|| 2.6 g
|| 0.3 g
|| 85 mg
|| 4.5 g
|| 4.3 g
|| 6.2 g