Cashew Butter by
3 Cups Cashews
1/2 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1/4 Tsp Almond Extract
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour the cashews across the sheet and spread evenly. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until you can begin to smell them roasting. Occasionally mix around the cashews with tongs to prevent them from burning.
3. Remove the roasted cashews from the oven and allow them to cool.
4. Once cool, pour the almonds into a blender (recommend VitaMix). Pour the almond extract and salt as well. Start the blender at variable 1 (or low). Use a spoon to press the cashews down when the blade appears stuck. Once the cashews are at a chopped consistency, pour half of the 1/4 cup of oil. When the oil appears evenly distributed, pour the rest. If the cashews appear to not be breaking down, continue to add oil to help it liquify. The oil is removed later so do not worry about adding "too much."
5. Once the butter appears consistently smooth, pour the cashew butter into any container with a lid. Allow the butter to refrigerate for 48 hours.
6. After 24 hours, the oil should separate from the cashew butter. You may either carefully pour or spoon out the oil that has risen to the top. Some batches have taken longer to settle, so do not worry.
Once you remove the oil, it's ready to eat with some toast and homemade jam! :)