Homemade Almond Butter by
3 Cups ALMOND BUTTER
1/4 Cup CANOLA OIL
1/3 Tsp ALMOND EXTRACT
1/2 Tsp KOSHER SALT
s ALMOND BUTTER
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Pour the almonds across the sheet and spread evenly. Roast almonds in the oven for 30 minutes, or until you can begin to smell them roasting.
3. Remove the roasted almonds from the oven and allow them to cool.
4. Once cool, pour the almonds into a blender (recommend VitaMix). Pour the almond extract and salt as well. Start the blender at variable 1 (or low). Use a spoon to press the almonds down when the blade appears stuck. Once the almonds are at a chopped consistency, pour half of the 1/4 cup of oil. When the oil appears evenly distributed in the almond, pour the rest. If the almonds appear to not be breaking down, continue to add oil to help it liquify. The oil is removed later so do not worry about adding "too much."
5. Once the butter appears consistently smooth, pour the almond butter into any container with a lid. Allow the butter to refrigerate for 48 hours.
6. After 48 hours, the oil should separate from the almond butter. You may either carefully pour or spoon out the oil that has risen to the top. Some batches have taken longer to settle, so do not worry.
Once you remove the oil, it's ready to eat with some toast and homemade jam! :)