Tuscan Ribollita with Parmesan Croutons by
9 oz. sweet italian sausage
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 oz. kale
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon chili flakes
3 cups chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive
oz. sweet italian sausage
teaspoon chili flakes
s chicken stock
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Halve, peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and finely chop the carrot. Mince or grate the garlic. Remove and discard the ribs of the kale, then coarsely chop the leaves. Drain and rinse the beans. Remove the sausage from the casings.
2. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, until the veggies have softened. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat into pieces, until browned, for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the diced tomatoes, beans, and chicken stock to the pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Halve the ciabatta horizontally. Drizzle each side with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Place the ciabatta on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until bread is toasted and cheese is melted.
5. Add the kale to the pot and cook, covered, until the kale has wilted, for about 3 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
6. Cut the parmesan croutons into cubes. Ladle the riboletta into bowls and top with