BALELA SALAD by
(2) 15 ounce cans Bushs chickpeas, rinsed and drained
(2) 15 ounce cans Bushs black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chopped onion (about half a small one)
1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes (best if use the ones in oil in a jar)
1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/3 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped (or mint)
1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley (flat leaf), chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, pressed
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste
Feta cheese (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the chickpeas, black beans, onion, jalepeno pepper, sun dried tomatoes, tomatoes, and herbs.
2. Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, and salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad mixture; lightly stir.
4. Refrigerate salad several hours or overnight to meld flavors.
5. Optional to add feta cheese.