Chocolate sauce by
170g (70% cocoa) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1/3 (cup) 80ml milk
2 egg yolks
4 egg whites
2 tablespoons caster sugar
g (70% cocoa) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
(cup) 80ml milk
tablespoons caster sugar
1. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl in a microwave on medium heat for 1 minute. Stir, then return to microwave in 30 seconds increments until chocolate has completely melted, stirring well each time.
2. Place milk in a small saucepan over medium heat, and bring to the boil. Gently whisk milk into chocolate until just combined. Set aside to cool slightly. Gently whisk in egg yolks until just combined.
3. Meanwhile, using an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Slowly add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy.
4. Fold in one-third of the meringue into chocolate mixture until just combined, then fold in the remaining meringue until combined.
5. Pour mousse into serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.